Lokayukta to file charge sheet on KIADB scam soon
Bangalore: Spelling more trouble for the
Yeddyurappa government, facing allegations of land scams,
Karnataka Lokayukta Santosh Hegde on Monday said a charge sheet
will be filed soon in cases involving Karnataka Industrial
Area Development Board (KIADB).
"FIRs have already been filed and charge sheet will
soon be filed in connection with land scams involving KIADB,
which we have been probing for sometime now," he told
reporters on the sidelines of a function here.
He expressed displeasure over various cases including
land scams, now under the Lokayukta scanner, being
"transferred to judicial probe without, let alone approval,
even a discussion".
Hegde, who has 8 months of his term left, asserted
that while he was not "really interested in land scams
involving the chief minister, KIADB land scams and illegal
mining would be my top priority. I wish to take land scams
involving KIADB to its logical end.
"Even as I have no prejudice against the chief
minister or any other political party, I will not let the
government sideline the institution of Lokayukta as far as
land scam is concerned."
To a question on the gag order issued yesterday by
Yeddyurappa on some of his party MLAs not to issue statements
that would lower the dignity of Lokyukta, Hegde quipped, "I am
yet to receive information on the gag order as I was pretty
busy speaking to the media yesterday. However, through the
media we have respect for each other."
In fresh trouble to Yeddyurappa, the Lokayukta had
recently issued a notice to him, seeking his views on a JDS
complaint regarding denotification of lands after finding a
prima facie case.
The Yeddyurappa government and the Lokayukta have been
at loggerheads with each other on the issue of inquiry into
alleged land scams. Hegde has repeatedly expressed strong
resentment over judicial probe being ordered into alleged land
scams without Lokayukta`s approval when the issue is pending
with the anti-corruption watchdog.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?
- Met Dawood Ibrahim in London, he wanted to return to India: Ram Jethmalani