Lokayukta unearths Rs 9.7 cr worth "illegal" assets
Bangalore: Lokayukta Police in Karnataka on Tuesday conducted simultaneous raids at 14 premises belonging to government servants across the state and unearthed alleged illegal assets to the tune of around Rs 9.7 crore.
Based on "credible information" collected by Lokayukta Police officers, source reports were generated against seven government servants for alleged possession of assets disproportionate to their known source of income, Lokayukta police said.
It said raids were conducted in Chitradurga, Kolar, Mysore, Ramanagara, Shimoga, Tumkur and Yadgir districts in 14 premises belonging to accused government servants, unearthing "illegal" assets of around Rs 9.7 crore.
Stating that criminal cases under Prevention of Corruption Act were registered against government servants, Lokayukta police said the bank accounts were being scrutinised and further investigation was in progress.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Navjot Singh Sidhu diagnosed with DVT: Know about this life threatening disease!
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch