Lokayukta unearths Rs 9.7 cr worth "illegal" assets
Bangalore: Lokayukta Police in Karnataka on Tuesday conducted simultaneous raids at 14 premises belonging to government servants across the state and unearthed alleged illegal assets to the tune of around Rs 9.7 crore.
Based on "credible information" collected by Lokayukta Police officers, source reports were generated against seven government servants for alleged possession of assets disproportionate to their known source of income, Lokayukta police said.
It said raids were conducted in Chitradurga, Kolar, Mysore, Ramanagara, Shimoga, Tumkur and Yadgir districts in 14 premises belonging to accused government servants, unearthing "illegal" assets of around Rs 9.7 crore.
Stating that criminal cases under Prevention of Corruption Act were registered against government servants, Lokayukta police said the bank accounts were being scrutinised and further investigation was in progress.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation