Lokayukta unearths Rs 9.7 cr worth "illegal" assets
Bangalore: Lokayukta Police in Karnataka on Tuesday conducted simultaneous raids at 14 premises belonging to government servants across the state and unearthed alleged illegal assets to the tune of around Rs 9.7 crore.
Based on "credible information" collected by Lokayukta Police officers, source reports were generated against seven government servants for alleged possession of assets disproportionate to their known source of income, Lokayukta police said.
It said raids were conducted in Chitradurga, Kolar, Mysore, Ramanagara, Shimoga, Tumkur and Yadgir districts in 14 premises belonging to accused government servants, unearthing "illegal" assets of around Rs 9.7 crore.
Stating that criminal cases under Prevention of Corruption Act were registered against government servants, Lokayukta police said the bank accounts were being scrutinised and further investigation was in progress.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’