Lokpal bill draft to be ready by June 30: Moily
Mysore: The government appointed committee
to draft the Lokpal Bill has set June 30 as the deadline to
complete the task, Law Minister M Veerappa Moily said on Sunday.
Moily, who is also the convener of the Committee, said the
government was keen to introduce the bill in the monsoon
session of Parliament.
"If all cooperate, the bill will be passed in the monsoon
session itself," he told reporters here.
Moily said Karnataka Chief Minister BS Yeddyurappa has
welcomed the Lokpal Bill and wants Chief Ministers of all
states to extend support to it.
The Union minister was later conferred with an honorary
doctorate by the Mysore University in recognition of his
services to the country.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read