Lokpal bill draft to be ready by June 30: Moily
Mysore: The government appointed committee
to draft the Lokpal Bill has set June 30 as the deadline to
complete the task, Law Minister M Veerappa Moily said on Sunday.
Moily, who is also the convener of the Committee, said the
government was keen to introduce the bill in the monsoon
session of Parliament.
"If all cooperate, the bill will be passed in the monsoon
session itself," he told reporters here.
Moily said Karnataka Chief Minister BS Yeddyurappa has
welcomed the Lokpal Bill and wants Chief Ministers of all
states to extend support to it.
The Union minister was later conferred with an honorary
doctorate by the Mysore University in recognition of his
services to the country.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- WATCH: Roger Federer mesmerizes centre court crowd with a 'tweener lob'