Lokpal bill draft to be ready by June 30: Moily
Mysore: The government appointed committee
to draft the Lokpal Bill has set June 30 as the deadline to
complete the task, Law Minister M Veerappa Moily said on Sunday.
Moily, who is also the convener of the Committee, said the
government was keen to introduce the bill in the monsoon
session of Parliament.
"If all cooperate, the bill will be passed in the monsoon
session itself," he told reporters here.
Moily said Karnataka Chief Minister BS Yeddyurappa has
welcomed the Lokpal Bill and wants Chief Ministers of all
states to extend support to it.
The Union minister was later conferred with an honorary
doctorate by the Mysore University in recognition of his
services to the country.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre