Lovers consume poison in front of MLA`s house
Mysore: Facing hurdles in their plan to get married, two lovers allegedly attempted to commit suicide by consuming poison in front of a local MLA`s residence at Beesanahalli, 60 km from here, on Monday, police said.
Police rushed the duo to a hospital first from where they have now been shifted to a private hospital in Mysore, where they are stated to be "out of danger", they said.
The duo, aged 25 and 20, both daily wagers and belonging to `Beda` community (a scheduled tribe), were in love and wanted to get married.
However, local gram panchayat member Chandru reportedly close to Congress MLA Chikkanna, was opposed to the alliance and allegedly pressured the 20-year-old girl`s parents not to accept the boy as he supported a different political group.
The girl`s father then beat her up and warned her not to meet her lover again.
The two then eloped yesterday resulting in the girl`s father allegedly committing suicide by hanging at his residence. Following this, Chandru allegedly threatened the boy that he would get him arrested.
Scared, the duo allegedly attempted to take their lives, police said.
"We are investigating the case from all angles," Superintendent of Police, Mysore District R Dilip said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!