LS speaker accepts resignations of Gowda, Reddy
New Delhi: Lok Sabha Speaker Meira Kumar on Monday said she had accepted the resignation of M Raja Mohan
Reddy and DV Sadananda Gowda as members of the lower house.
Reddy, a Congress member from Nellore, had resigned in
August last year to protest the inclusion of late Andhra
Pradesh Chief Minister YS Rajasekhara Reddy`s name in a CBI
FIR against his son YS Jaganmohan Reddy.
Gowda, a BJP member from Udupi-Chikmaglur, had quit after
being named as the Chief Minister of Karnataka.
The Speaker said she had accepted the resignation of
Reddy, who had put in his papers on August 24 last year, on
Gowda had put in his papers on December 28, 2011 and his
resignation was accepted the next day.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: America standing against old nemesis Russia rather than ISIS
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know