LS speaker accepts resignations of Gowda, Reddy
New Delhi: Lok Sabha Speaker Meira Kumar on Monday said she had accepted the resignation of M Raja Mohan
Reddy and DV Sadananda Gowda as members of the lower house.
Reddy, a Congress member from Nellore, had resigned in
August last year to protest the inclusion of late Andhra
Pradesh Chief Minister YS Rajasekhara Reddy`s name in a CBI
FIR against his son YS Jaganmohan Reddy.
Gowda, a BJP member from Udupi-Chikmaglur, had quit after
being named as the Chief Minister of Karnataka.
The Speaker said she had accepted the resignation of
Reddy, who had put in his papers on August 24 last year, on
Gowda had put in his papers on December 28, 2011 and his
resignation was accepted the next day.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jharkhand: 2 dead, several injured in clashes between police, villagers in Ramgarh
- Delhi minister meets Jain monk over Vishal Dadlani tweet controversy
- One killed in annual bull racing in Peru
- 16-year-old Indian-origin boy finds cure for breast cancer treatment
- Heartbreaking! Denied medical help, 12-year-old UP boy dies on dad's shoulder