LS speaker accepts resignations of Gowda, Reddy
New Delhi: Lok Sabha Speaker Meira Kumar on Monday said she had accepted the resignation of M Raja Mohan
Reddy and DV Sadananda Gowda as members of the lower house.
Reddy, a Congress member from Nellore, had resigned in
August last year to protest the inclusion of late Andhra
Pradesh Chief Minister YS Rajasekhara Reddy`s name in a CBI
FIR against his son YS Jaganmohan Reddy.
Gowda, a BJP member from Udupi-Chikmaglur, had quit after
being named as the Chief Minister of Karnataka.
The Speaker said she had accepted the resignation of
Reddy, who had put in his papers on August 24 last year, on
Gowda had put in his papers on December 28, 2011 and his
resignation was accepted the next day.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax
- Indo-US counter-terrorism joint working group to meet today
- Hillary Clinton more qualified than anyone to serve as US president: Barack Obama
- Rahul Gandhi likely to speak on price rise in Lok Sabha today
- 2006 Aurangabad arms haul case: Ten years later, MCOCA court likely to deliver verdict today
- PM Modi to chair NITI Aayog meet today, review 15-year vision plan