Lufthansa staff commits suicide in B`lore hotel
Bangalore: A German national employed with
Lufthansa Airlines allegedly committed suicide at his room in
a five-star hotel here, police said on Sunday.
Alexander Kourik (35), a flight purser with Lufthansa
Airlines, ended his life by slashing his wrist, elbow and leg
with a broken liquor glass and a bottle opener, they said.
Kourik had checked into the Oberoi Hotel at 2 am yesterday
after his flight landed here. He then hung the "Do Not Disturb
Tag" on the door knob and locked the door.
As Kourik, who was supposed to check out at 11.30 pm, did
not report for duty, the airlines officials got suspicious and
rushed to the hotel and opened the room with a duplicate key.
They found him dead with his left wrist, elbow and right
leg slashed with a broken liquor glass and a liquor bottle
opener, police said adding no suicide note was found.
The airlines officials have informed Kourik`s family in
The case is being investigated by Ulsoor police.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'