Madani remanded to Judicial custody till September 7
Bangalore: PDP leader Abdul Nasser Madani was
today remanded to judicial custody till September 7 in
connection with the 2008 Bangalore serial blasts case.
Madani, whose police custody expired today since his
arrest on August 17, was produced before First Additional
Chief Metropolitan Magistrate Venkatesh Hulagi.
The police claim the interrogation of Madani has revealed
his role in the serial blasts that had taken place in parts of
the city on July 25, 2008, in which a woman was killed and 20
others were injured.
Madani was arrested at Kollam in Kerala by Karnataka
police after an eight-day wait and taken to Bangalore.
Based on the confessions of LeT suspect, T Nazeer, main
accused in the Bangalore blasts, the PDP leader was named in
the additional chargesheet.
Madani was also an accused in the 1998 Coimbatore serial
bomb blasts case in which 58 people were killed but was
acquitted by the trial court.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley