Bangalore: A local court today extended to
September 28 the judicial custody of PDP leader Abdul Nasser
Madani, an accused in the 2008 Bangalore serial blast case.
Though some of the other accused in the case were
produced before the First Additional Chief Metropolitan
Magistrate Venkatesh Hulagi through video conferencing, the
People`s Democratic Party leader was not produced in court.
Hulagi then directed jail authorities to produce Madani
through video conferencing on September 28 and extended the
judicial custody of all 14 accused, including Madani to that
The Magistrate also directed the Investigating Officer
Omkaraiah to furnish a copy of the chargesheet (which had not
been given so far) to Madani.
Along with Madani, 31 persons are accused in the blast
case in the city, which left a woman dead and 20 others
Fourteen of the 32 accused have been arrested so far.
The court had yesterday dismissed Madani`s bail plea,
citing security interests and said material produced by the
prosecution so far revealed there was a prima facie case
The court had also said that since investigation was in
progress and allegations against Madani came under the purview
of Unlawful Activities Act, bail cannot be granted.
The Peoples Democratic Party leader was also an accused
in the 1998 Coimbatore bomb blast case but was acquitted by
the trial court.
The serial blasts before an election meeting to be
addressed by senior BJP leader L K Advani had left 58 people
dead and over 200 others injured.