Madarsa chief assaults boy for not learning Arabic
Hassan: A head of a Madarsa today allegedly assaulted an 11-year old boy for refusing to learn Arabic at Belur in Chikamagalur district, police said here on Tuesday.
Dadapeer, head of Jamia Habibiya Madarsa, allegedly assaulted the 11-year old boy for "refusing" to learn Arabic.
He received injuries on his legs and genitals and is being treated in a hospital, police said.
Dadapeer met the boy`s parents and admitted of assaulting their son, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- Watch: Panel discussion on students turning traitors at JNU - Part IV
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Delhi Police issues alert over alleged Hafiz Saeed's tweet backing 'pro-Pak' JNU protesters
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?
- Congress leader from Gujarat conspired to implicate Narendra Modi in Ishrat Jahan case: Ex-IB officer
- JNU row: Congress VP meets protesting students; ABVP raises black flags, shout "Rahul Gandhi Go Back"