Make India a healthy India, Narendra Modi tells medical fraternity
Belgaum: Gujarat Chief Minister and BJP`s Prime Ministerial candidate Narendra Modi on Thursday exhorted the young medical fraternity to dream to make India a "Healthy India".
Pointing out that social hygiene was as important as personal hygiene, Modi asked the young doctors if we can fulfill Gandhiji`s dream of a healthy India.
Noting that there was dearth of doctors and paramedical staff in the country, he stressed on the need for generating more para medical training institutions.
Speaking at the Golden Jubilee celebrations of Jawaharlal Nehru Medical College here, Modi said a "healthy youth is healthy India" and this can come true only with a participation of youth in the medical stream.
The BJP leader said India was once known for education sector as back as 2,800 years ago. For 1,600 years India lead the world in education in universities like Nalanda and Takshashila where students from other countries came to seek education.
"We have to retain our culture and be technically strong like China," he said.
Without naming any political party but apparently aiming at Congress, he said had our initial governments given prime importance to education right since independence, the country would have been globally on top.
Rajya Sabha member and Karnataka Lingayat Education (KLE) Chairman Prabhakar Kore was also present at the function.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- Sunil Grover responds to Kapil Sharma’s ‘sorry’ tweet, says ‘don’t act like a God’
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what