Make India a healthy India, Narendra Modi tells medical fraternity
Belgaum: Gujarat Chief Minister and BJP`s Prime Ministerial candidate Narendra Modi on Thursday exhorted the young medical fraternity to dream to make India a "Healthy India".
Pointing out that social hygiene was as important as personal hygiene, Modi asked the young doctors if we can fulfill Gandhiji`s dream of a healthy India.
Noting that there was dearth of doctors and paramedical staff in the country, he stressed on the need for generating more para medical training institutions.
Speaking at the Golden Jubilee celebrations of Jawaharlal Nehru Medical College here, Modi said a "healthy youth is healthy India" and this can come true only with a participation of youth in the medical stream.
The BJP leader said India was once known for education sector as back as 2,800 years ago. For 1,600 years India lead the world in education in universities like Nalanda and Takshashila where students from other countries came to seek education.
"We have to retain our culture and be technically strong like China," he said.
Without naming any political party but apparently aiming at Congress, he said had our initial governments given prime importance to education right since independence, the country would have been globally on top.
Rajya Sabha member and Karnataka Lingayat Education (KLE) Chairman Prabhakar Kore was also present at the function.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Outrage over Tanmay Bhatt's video mocking Lata Mangeshkar, Sachin Tendulkar
- VHP's women wing Durga Vahini gives arms training to children!
- Heavy rain disrupts flight operations in Delhi
- MP: Liquor mafia attacks police, journalists with weapons
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Puducherry: Narayanasamy to meet Lt Gov Kiran Bedi today, stake claim to form govt
- Armed squad kills 11 people in Venezuela: Official
- Khalistan terror camp running in Canada to attack Punjab; Justin Trudeau govt alerted
- Barack Obama could be Hillary's secret weapon in rallying Democratic support: Report
- Man arrested for trying to sell stolen car on e-commerce site