Man dies during Siddaramaiah`s swearing-in
Bangalore: A 50 year-old Congress supporter died after attending the swearing-in ceremony of Chief Minister Siddaramaiah at the jam packed Kanteerava stadium here on Monday, police said.
The deceased was identified as Manjappa, a city resident, who collapsed near gate number seven while coming out after the function attended by nearly 50,000 Congress supporters from across the state.
He was given water to drink, after which he complained of chest pain and was immediately rushed to a private hospital just opposite the stadium where he was declared brought dead.
"It could have been a massive heart attack but the actual cause of death will be ascertained only after the post-mortem is conducted", police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amazon launches membership service Prime in India –Know the benefits
- Know the common causes of red or bloodshot eyes!
- Wow! This self-driving robot can deliver food to your door (Watch)
- 2nd conviction in coal scam; 3 top officials of Rathi steel convicted
- Photo alert! ‘Baazigar’ jodi Shah Rukh Khan-Shilpa Shetty looks like this now