Man dies during Siddaramaiah`s swearing-in
Bangalore: A 50 year-old Congress supporter died after attending the swearing-in ceremony of Chief Minister Siddaramaiah at the jam packed Kanteerava stadium here on Monday, police said.
The deceased was identified as Manjappa, a city resident, who collapsed near gate number seven while coming out after the function attended by nearly 50,000 Congress supporters from across the state.
He was given water to drink, after which he complained of chest pain and was immediately rushed to a private hospital just opposite the stadium where he was declared brought dead.
"It could have been a massive heart attack but the actual cause of death will be ascertained only after the post-mortem is conducted", police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ranbir, Anushka all set to shoot romantic rain sequence
- 7th Pay Commission: CBSE chief R K Chaturvedi gets additional charge of implementation cell
- PM Modi lays foundations stone of AIIMS Gorakhpur, reopens sick fertiliser plant
- Get 75% concession on AC train tickets; know more about such concessions
- The India of our dreams: This poet's take will leave you inspired - Watch