Man gets life sentence for burning wife
Bangalore: A fast track court has
sentenced a man to life imprisonment after holding him guilty
of burning his wife to death in January last year.
The 17th Fast Track Court Judge S K Vantigodi passed the
orders yesterday, awarding life term to Dharnraj. The court
also slapped him with a fine of Rs 5,000.
According to prosecution, Dhanraj, suspecting fidelity of
his wife he was married to for 12 years, picked up a quarrel
with her on January 10, 2010, doused her with kerosene and set
The woman, in her dying declaration to police narrated the
entire sequence of events.
Public Prosecutor Ganapathy Prasanna had argued on behalf
of the government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Safa Baig: What you need to know about Irfan Pathan's lady love