Man gets life sentence for burning wife
Bangalore: A fast track court has
sentenced a man to life imprisonment after holding him guilty
of burning his wife to death in January last year.
The 17th Fast Track Court Judge S K Vantigodi passed the
orders yesterday, awarding life term to Dharnraj. The court
also slapped him with a fine of Rs 5,000.
According to prosecution, Dhanraj, suspecting fidelity of
his wife he was married to for 12 years, picked up a quarrel
with her on January 10, 2010, doused her with kerosene and set
The woman, in her dying declaration to police narrated the
entire sequence of events.
Public Prosecutor Ganapathy Prasanna had argued on behalf
of the government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!