Man gives poison to daughter, strangulates self in Karnataka
Bangalore: Depressed with his wife`s death, a man administered poison to his little daughter and then strangulated himself in a tourism department run resort at Bannerghatta National Park, police said.
The deceased were identified as Aravind Reddy (35) and his daughter Lakshya (7), police sources told a news agency.
A suicide note left behind by the deceased said he himself was responsible for his death and had been very depressed after his wife`s demise.
According to police, Anil working as an engineer for a multinational company was "quite well placed and had no financial constraints".
He checked into the accomodation along with his daughter yesterday afternoon. After dinner, he had even messaged his brother and told the resort staff that he would not have his morning tea but come straight for breakfast at the dining hall.
When Anil did not turn up for breakfast well past noon, the authorities got suspicious and on opening the window of the cottage, "found the girl with foaming at the mouth and man strangulated with a towel".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog