Man kills 8-year-old daughter for her disinterest
Bangalore: A man has been arrested for allegedly beating his eight-year-old daughter to death here with a roller for her disinterest in studies, police said.
Satyanarayan Singh had recently brought back his daughter to the city from Shimoga where she was staying with her maternal grandparents after the death of his wife, saying he would provide her a sound education, according to police.
He allegedly beat her to death last night after she showed a disinterest in studies.
Singh, who had got married again a few years ago, had a dowry case registered against him following the death of his wife, but was recently acquitted, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Watch: Hafiz Saeed warns India of more terror attacks
- DNA: Army declares all soldiers in Siachen avalanche dead
- DNA: Indian Navy set to conduct International Fleet Review 2016
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Ten Army soldiers missing in Siachen avalanche presumed dead; PM Modi 'salutes' martyrs
- VIDEO: Ambidextrous Sri Lankan Kamindu Mendis bowling with both hands
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Deepika Padukone's first shot from 'XXX 3' revealed! See pic