Man kills 8-yr-old daughter for her disinterest in studies
Bangalore: A man has been arrested for allegedly beating his eight-year-old daughter to death here with a roller for her disinterest in studies, police said.
Satyanarayan Singh had recently brought back his daughter to the city from Shimoga where she was staying with her maternal grandparents after the death of his wife, saying he would provide her a sound education, according to police.
He allegedly beat her to death last night after she showed a disinterest in studies.
Singh, who had got married again a few years ago, had a dowry case registered against him following the death of his wife, but was recently acquitted, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir