Man kills 8-yr-old daughter for her disinterest in studies
Bangalore: A man has been arrested for allegedly beating his eight-year-old daughter to death here with a roller for her disinterest in studies, police said.
Satyanarayan Singh had recently brought back his daughter to the city from Shimoga where she was staying with her maternal grandparents after the death of his wife, saying he would provide her a sound education, according to police.
He allegedly beat her to death last night after she showed a disinterest in studies.
Singh, who had got married again a few years ago, had a dowry case registered against him following the death of his wife, but was recently acquitted, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Airtel takes on Reliance Jio yet again; offers 10GB of 4G data at just Rs 259
- Saudi prince Turki Bin Saud Al-Kabir executed for murder in rare case
- Man divorces wife after seeing her first time without make-up!
- India can only 'bark', its products can't compete: Chinese state media
- Sania Mirza trolls Sanjay Manjrekar on Twitter after completing 80 consecutive weeks as World No. 1 doubles player