Man murders girl; angry villagers lynch him in Karnataka
Chikmagalur: A suspected mentally challenged man allegedly murdered a three-year-old girl in Billur village in Karnataka`s Chikmagalur district and, in turn, was lynched by angry locals on Tuesday, police said.
Initially, police said, the culprit Naron Prakash gained entry into an house and picked up a girl and started to flee. But a boy threw stones at him, forcing him to drop her.
Later, he picked up a three-year-old girl who was playing outside her house. He threatened those who tried to chase him with an iron rod and in the melee, two motorcyclists were injured, police said.
He later ran into a shop, ransacked it and when some locals surrounded him, he allegedly smashed the girl to the ground, killing her, police said.
Angry villagers allegedly beat Prakash to death, sources said.
Prakash had reportedly come to Billur from Balehonnur in the district to work as a labourer.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- Bollywood pays respect to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science