Man murders girl; angry villagers lynch him in Karnataka
Chikmagalur: A suspected mentally challenged man allegedly murdered a three-year-old girl in Billur village in Karnataka`s Chikmagalur district and, in turn, was lynched by angry locals on Tuesday, police said.
Initially, police said, the culprit Naron Prakash gained entry into an house and picked up a girl and started to flee. But a boy threw stones at him, forcing him to drop her.
Later, he picked up a three-year-old girl who was playing outside her house. He threatened those who tried to chase him with an iron rod and in the melee, two motorcyclists were injured, police said.
He later ran into a shop, ransacked it and when some locals surrounded him, he allegedly smashed the girl to the ground, killing her, police said.
Angry villagers allegedly beat Prakash to death, sources said.
Prakash had reportedly come to Billur from Balehonnur in the district to work as a labourer.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nitish suspends Cabinet Minister Kushwaha over alleged sting operation
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Bigg Boss double trouble: Four lovebirds, one former couple inside the house
- Bihar polls: Nitish's minister Kushwaha caught on camera taking bribe, suspended from party post