Man murders girl; angry villagers lynch him in Karnataka
Chikmagalur: A suspected mentally challenged man allegedly murdered a three-year-old girl in Billur village in Karnataka`s Chikmagalur district and, in turn, was lynched by angry locals on Tuesday, police said.
Initially, police said, the culprit Naron Prakash gained entry into an house and picked up a girl and started to flee. But a boy threw stones at him, forcing him to drop her.
Later, he picked up a three-year-old girl who was playing outside her house. He threatened those who tried to chase him with an iron rod and in the melee, two motorcyclists were injured, police said.
He later ran into a shop, ransacked it and when some locals surrounded him, he allegedly smashed the girl to the ground, killing her, police said.
Angry villagers allegedly beat Prakash to death, sources said.
Prakash had reportedly come to Billur from Balehonnur in the district to work as a labourer.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees