Man murders girl; angry villagers lynch him in Karnataka
Chikmagalur: A suspected mentally challenged man allegedly murdered a three-year-old girl in Billur village in Karnataka`s Chikmagalur district and, in turn, was lynched by angry locals on Tuesday, police said.
Initially, police said, the culprit Naron Prakash gained entry into an house and picked up a girl and started to flee. But a boy threw stones at him, forcing him to drop her.
Later, he picked up a three-year-old girl who was playing outside her house. He threatened those who tried to chase him with an iron rod and in the melee, two motorcyclists were injured, police said.
He later ran into a shop, ransacked it and when some locals surrounded him, he allegedly smashed the girl to the ground, killing her, police said.
Angry villagers allegedly beat Prakash to death, sources said.
Prakash had reportedly come to Billur from Balehonnur in the district to work as a labourer.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand