Man strangles children to death; commits suicide
Bangalore: A 45-year-old man allegedly strangled his three children in the age group of 10 to six years, and later committed suicide by hanging near here, police said on Monday.
Police suspect that the man took the extreme step as he was unable to mobilise funds for his daughter`s marriage to be held at Tirupur in Tamil Nadu on May 23.
The deaths came to light when his wife and daughter who had been to Doddaballapur to distribute invitation cards returned home this morning, police said.
The man had two wives and the children whom he allegedly strangled last night were born to his second wife, who is no more, police said.
Priya, daughter from his first wife, was to enter wedlock on Wednesday, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Watch: Tracing the journey of Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: AIADMK member from Cuddalore dies after seeing news about Tamil Nadu CM's cardiac arrest