Man strangles children to death; commits suicide
Bangalore: A 45-year-old man allegedly strangled his three children in the age group of 10 to six years, and later committed suicide by hanging near here, police said on Monday.
Police suspect that the man took the extreme step as he was unable to mobilise funds for his daughter`s marriage to be held at Tirupur in Tamil Nadu on May 23.
The deaths came to light when his wife and daughter who had been to Doddaballapur to distribute invitation cards returned home this morning, police said.
The man had two wives and the children whom he allegedly strangled last night were born to his second wife, who is no more, police said.
Priya, daughter from his first wife, was to enter wedlock on Wednesday, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi lays foundation stone of IARI at Barhi: As it happened
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- BJP can give even Dawood Ibrahim a clean chit: Digvijay Singh
- India likely to rest MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli for Zimbabwe tour
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report