Man strangles children to death; commits suicide
Bangalore: A 45-year-old man allegedly strangled his three children in the age group of 10 to six years, and later committed suicide by hanging near here, police said on Monday.
Police suspect that the man took the extreme step as he was unable to mobilise funds for his daughter`s marriage to be held at Tirupur in Tamil Nadu on May 23.
The deaths came to light when his wife and daughter who had been to Doddaballapur to distribute invitation cards returned home this morning, police said.
The man had two wives and the children whom he allegedly strangled last night were born to his second wife, who is no more, police said.
Priya, daughter from his first wife, was to enter wedlock on Wednesday, police said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's ignorance on Kashmiri Pandits
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Delhi gang-rape: Show juvenile rapist's face to the world, demand Nirbhaya's parents
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case