Man strangles children to death; commits suicide
Bangalore: A 45-year-old man allegedly strangled his three children in the age group of 10 to six years, and later committed suicide by hanging near here, police said on Monday.
Police suspect that the man took the extreme step as he was unable to mobilise funds for his daughter`s marriage to be held at Tirupur in Tamil Nadu on May 23.
The deaths came to light when his wife and daughter who had been to Doddaballapur to distribute invitation cards returned home this morning, police said.
The man had two wives and the children whom he allegedly strangled last night were born to his second wife, who is no more, police said.
Priya, daughter from his first wife, was to enter wedlock on Wednesday, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Watch 15 reports from 15 cities
- Sheena murder case: Unfolding deceit, lies and murder!
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Bihar polls 2015: Lalu pacifies 'upset' Mulayam ahead of Mahagatbandhan rally, offers 5 seats to SP
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter