Man strangles children to death; commits suicide
Bangalore: A 45-year-old man allegedly strangled his three children in the age group of 10 to six years, and later committed suicide by hanging near here, police said on Monday.
Police suspect that the man took the extreme step as he was unable to mobilise funds for his daughter`s marriage to be held at Tirupur in Tamil Nadu on May 23.
The deaths came to light when his wife and daughter who had been to Doddaballapur to distribute invitation cards returned home this morning, police said.
The man had two wives and the children whom he allegedly strangled last night were born to his second wife, who is no more, police said.
Priya, daughter from his first wife, was to enter wedlock on Wednesday, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan