Mangalore air tragedy: Only eleven claims settled so far
Mangalore: Nearly four months after an
air tragedy claimed 158 lives when an Air India Express
crashed near Bajpe airport here, the agency appointed to
settle compensation claims has so far succeeded in settling
only 11 claims.
Mulla and Mulla Company, a Mumbai-based firm entrusted
with the task of negotiating with families of victims, had
finalised claims in respect of 11 cases and is in the process
of settling another, the firm`s representative H D Nanavathi
told reporters after its third sitting held here.
She said 18 families have approached the firm for
compensation. Three have sought time to come back with their
views after consultation with their relatives, she said.
Compensation has to be worked out in each case
separately on the basis of proof of loss, Nanavathi said.
She however refused to disclose the quantum of
compensation paid so far.
To a question on the reason for the May 22 crash, she
said "those issues are not concerned to my firm".
The Mangalore-bound Air India Express plane from Dubai
crashed and caught fire after it overshot the runway while
landing at the airport.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's remark on 'intolerance'
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India