Mangalore moral policing: Four more arrested
Mangalore: Four persons were arrested today in connection with the assault on students partying at a homestay here, police said.
Police had earlier arrested 15 persons in connection with the incident.
Over 12 students, including girls, partying on the outskirts of the city, were targetted by suspected activists of `Hindu Jagarana Vedike`, who accused them of indulging in "immoral activities", on July 28.
The attack drew widespread condemnation with government describing it as `inhuman` and promising to punish those involved.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Those ready to work 20 hours daily are welcome, rest can leave - UP CM Yogi Adityanath's message to govt officials