Manipal gang-rape accused sent to 5-day police custody
Udupi: A court here on Friday remanded in five-day police custody one of the three accused arrested in connection with the abduction and gang-rape of a 22-year old medical student from Kerala a week ago.
Hariprasad, arrested yesterday along with two other accomplices, was produced before the district court.
IGP (Western Range) Pratap Reddy said two other accused, Yogesh Shantappa Poojary and Anand were still in a hospital undergoing treatment after their alleged failed suicide bid fearing arrest.
The medical student was kidnapped from the Manipal University in an autorickshaw and gang-raped by three men on late June 20 night. The victim is recuperating in a hospital, Reddy said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- Bollywood pays respect to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- APJ Abdul Kalam: Not Hindu, Not Muslim – Death of an 'Indian'