Maoists kill policeman in Karnataka
Mangalore: A policeman of Karnataka`s anti-Maoist force was killed in a shootout in the forests in the coastal district of Dakshina Kannada early on Sunday, police said.
The Maoists attacked the 25-member force near Belthangady, about 350 km from Bangalore, a police spokesperson said in Mangalore, the main town of Dakshina Kannada.
The constable was identified as MS Mane, 40.
The spokesperson said the team fired back at the Maoists and combing operations were on. Maoists are active in the forests of Dakshina Kannada, Ududpi, Chikmagalur and Shimoga districts.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- India's Balochistan push works, European Parliament warns Pakistan of sanctions over atrocities on Balochi people
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray