Maoists kill policeman in Karnataka
Mangalore: A policeman of Karnataka`s anti-Maoist force was killed in a shootout in the forests in the coastal district of Dakshina Kannada early on Sunday, police said.
The Maoists attacked the 25-member force near Belthangady, about 350 km from Bangalore, a police spokesperson said in Mangalore, the main town of Dakshina Kannada.
The constable was identified as MS Mane, 40.
The spokesperson said the team fired back at the Maoists and combing operations were on. Maoists are active in the forests of Dakshina Kannada, Ududpi, Chikmagalur and Shimoga districts.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of loss caused by floods in India
- DNA: Arunachal Pradesh gets gift of 2000km strategic road
- DNA: Arunachal Pradesh gets gift of 2000 km strategic road - Part II
- Ind vs WI: Day 5 washed out, Virat Kohli & co win series 2-0 but lose top ranking
- John Kerry urges deployment of South Sudan protection force
- BSF troops deployed in J&K after 12 years
- Authorities initiate action to evict Payal Abdullah from J&K govt bungalow in Delhi
- Assam tribal bodies against grant of ST status to 6 communities