Mar 2 violence: DGP (CID) appointed for probe
Bangalore: Karnataka government today appointed
DGP (CID) Roopak Kumar Dutta to probe police role in the March
2 violent incidents in the city civil court premises and
submit his report in a month.
The order comes in the wake of Chief Minister D V
Sadananda Gowda promising an In-House inquiry into the
incident by a senior police officer during separate meetings
with advocates and newsmen on March 6.
Dutta would look into the allegations of excess use of
force by police beating up advocates at the court complex,
as alleged by lawyers, according to a press release.
The officer would also probe policemen allegedly using
obscene language against senior police officers on their
wireless sets and setting fire to vehicles parked on court
premises, the release said.
Allegations were levelled by lawyers that police set
parked vehicles on fire and indiscriminately resorted to
lathicharge at K R Circle, Mysore Bank Circle and on court
premises without the Court Presiding Officer`s orders.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- LIVE: Videos of Indian casualties on Pakistani channels 'doctored', say Army sources
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof