March in K`taka for Guv assent to anti-cow slaught
Bangalore: Pontiffs of various mutts, saints and Jain gurus today took out a march to Raj Bhavan to press Governor H R Bhardwaj to give his assent to the anti-cow slaughter bill.
The march, in which hundreds of women also participated, was led by Pejavar mutt seer Vishwesha Thirtha Swami.
The seer requested the Governor to give early assent to the bill which both the houses of the legislature had approved, incorporating certain amendments.
However, opposition parties -- Congress and JDS last month petitioned Bhardwaj not to approve the bill, which was passed at the Belgaum session without any debate and amid absence of the opposition parties.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price