March in K`taka for Guv assent to anti-cow slaught
Bangalore: Pontiffs of various mutts, saints and Jain gurus today took out a march to Raj Bhavan to press Governor H R Bhardwaj to give his assent to the anti-cow slaughter bill.
The march, in which hundreds of women also participated, was led by Pejavar mutt seer Vishwesha Thirtha Swami.
The seer requested the Governor to give early assent to the bill which both the houses of the legislature had approved, incorporating certain amendments.
However, opposition parties -- Congress and JDS last month petitioned Bhardwaj not to approve the bill, which was passed at the Belgaum session without any debate and amid absence of the opposition parties.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!