March in K`taka for Guv assent to anti-cow slaughter bill
Bangalore: Pontiffs of various mutts, saints and Jain gurus today took out a march to Raj Bhavan to press Governor H R Bhardwaj to give his assent to the anti-cow slaughter bill.
The march, in which hundreds of women also participated, was led by Pejavar mutt seer Vishwesha Thirtha Swami.
The seer requested the Governor to give early assent to the bill which both the houses of the legislature had approved, incorporating certain amendments.
However, opposition parties -- Congress and JDS last month petitioned Bhardwaj not to approve the bill, which was passed at the Belgaum session without any debate and amid absence of the opposition parties.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!