March in K`taka for Guv assent to anti-cow slaughter bill
Bangalore: Pontiffs of various mutts, saints and Jain gurus today took out a march to Raj Bhavan to press Governor H R Bhardwaj to give his assent to the anti-cow slaughter bill.
The march, in which hundreds of women also participated, was led by Pejavar mutt seer Vishwesha Thirtha Swami.
The seer requested the Governor to give early assent to the bill which both the houses of the legislature had approved, incorporating certain amendments.
However, opposition parties -- Congress and JDS last month petitioned Bhardwaj not to approve the bill, which was passed at the Belgaum session without any debate and amid absence of the opposition parties.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections 2017: Samajwadi Party's 'kaam bolta hai' slogan faces litmus test