March in K`taka for Guv assent to anti-cow slaughter bill
Bangalore: Pontiffs of various mutts, saints and Jain gurus today took out a march to Raj Bhavan to press Governor H R Bhardwaj to give his assent to the anti-cow slaughter bill.
The march, in which hundreds of women also participated, was led by Pejavar mutt seer Vishwesha Thirtha Swami.
The seer requested the Governor to give early assent to the bill which both the houses of the legislature had approved, incorporating certain amendments.
However, opposition parties -- Congress and JDS last month petitioned Bhardwaj not to approve the bill, which was passed at the Belgaum session without any debate and amid absence of the opposition parties.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam