MDMK announces blockage of roads to Kerala
Chennai: Intensifying its struggle against
Kerala on the Mullaperiyar dam issue, Vaiko-led MDMK today
announced blockade of roads leading to Kerala on May 28 with
an aim to cut-off supply of various commodities.
At a meeting of party`s district secretaries and
parliamentary board here, the party resolved to stage the
blockade on May 28.
`We want to convey to Kerala through the protest that if it
denies water to Tamil Nadu, we will deny them supply of
commodities, leading to an economic blockade,` it said in one
of its resolutions.
All roads from Tamil Nadu leading to Kerala will be blocked
by MDMK cadre and others including Tamil Nationalist Movement
headed by P Nedumaran, the resolution said.
Recently, the party had conducted a massive protest at
Cumbum in the state bordering Kerala protesting against it in
the Mullaperiar dam issue where thousands of protestors were
Further, M DMK will hold statewide demonstration against
power cut situation in the state on April seven, it said.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends