MDMK announces blockage of roads to Kerala
Chennai: Intensifying its struggle against
Kerala on the Mullaperiyar dam issue, Vaiko-led MDMK today
announced blockade of roads leading to Kerala on May 28 with
an aim to cut-off supply of various commodities.
At a meeting of party`s district secretaries and
parliamentary board here, the party resolved to stage the
blockade on May 28.
`We want to convey to Kerala through the protest that if it
denies water to Tamil Nadu, we will deny them supply of
commodities, leading to an economic blockade,` it said in one
of its resolutions.
All roads from Tamil Nadu leading to Kerala will be blocked
by MDMK cadre and others including Tamil Nationalist Movement
headed by P Nedumaran, the resolution said.
Recently, the party had conducted a massive protest at
Cumbum in the state bordering Kerala protesting against it in
the Mullaperiar dam issue where thousands of protestors were
Further, M DMK will hold statewide demonstration against
power cut situation in the state on April seven, it said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video