Media attack: ‘Action will be taken against lawyers`
Bangalore: Karnataka Chief Minister D V Sadananada Gowda on Friday assured journalists that stern action would be taken against lawyers who attacked media persons and police personnel at the city civil court complex.
The Chief Minister said he has directed the police to submit by evening a report on the incident.
"We will come out with a concrete decision after going through the report, which is expected by today evening, to put an end to such kind of incidents taking place on court premises," he told a delegation of media persons at his official residence, Krishna, here.
To a demand that the guilty should be penalised and arrested, Gowda said the state government would take stern action on issues which came under its jurisdiction.
He, however, said government would hold a meeting with Karnataka High Court Chief Justice Vikramjit Sen and High Court Registrar General today to find ways to put an end to unruly behaviour of lawyers at court premises.
On media persons` demand to debar those involved in the attack from the Karnataka Bar Council, Gowda said: "For this, we are meeting the Chief Justice and the Registrar General...".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read