Medical student kidnapped, gang-raped in Manipal
Udupi: A 22-year medical student from Kerala was allegedly kidnapped and gang-raped at Manipal, seven kms from here last night, a senior police official said.
The student was abducted from Manipal University campus when she was returning to her room from the library late last night and gangraped outside the campus, Udupi Superintendent of Police Dr Boralinagaiah said.
No arrests have been made but police are on the lookout for three persons, including an autorikshaw driver, involved in the crime, he said.
Boralinagaiah said the victim has suffered a fracture in the legs and injuries on her hands and neck. "She is being treated and is recovering," he said.
A case of kidnap and rape has been registered, as per the complaint filed by Manipal Academy of Higher Education Estate Manager Jai Vittal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok