Medical student kidnapped, gang-raped in Manipal
Udupi: A 22-year medical student from Kerala was allegedly kidnapped and gang-raped at Manipal, seven kms from here last night, a senior police official said.
The student was abducted from Manipal University campus when she was returning to her room from the library late last night and gangraped outside the campus, Udupi Superintendent of Police Dr Boralinagaiah said.
No arrests have been made but police are on the lookout for three persons, including an autorikshaw driver, involved in the crime, he said.
Boralinagaiah said the victim has suffered a fracture in the legs and injuries on her hands and neck. "She is being treated and is recovering," he said.
A case of kidnap and rape has been registered, as per the complaint filed by Manipal Academy of Higher Education Estate Manager Jai Vittal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi pitches for 'Selfie with daughter' initiative
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Need another agricultural revolution: PM Modi
- Monsoon's after-effects troubling everyday lives in cities
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- MEA declines information on Lalit Modi's passport issue, draws flak
- Varun-Shraddha's `ABCD2` holds a firm grip at Box Office!
- School director beaten to death after two students found dead in Bihar