Medical student kidnapped, gang-raped in Manipal
Udupi: A 22-year medical student from Kerala was allegedly kidnapped and gang-raped at Manipal, seven kms from here last night, a senior police official said.
The student was abducted from Manipal University campus when she was returning to her room from the library late last night and gangraped outside the campus, Udupi Superintendent of Police Dr Boralinagaiah said.
No arrests have been made but police are on the lookout for three persons, including an autorikshaw driver, involved in the crime, he said.
Boralinagaiah said the victim has suffered a fracture in the legs and injuries on her hands and neck. "She is being treated and is recovering," he said.
A case of kidnap and rape has been registered, as per the complaint filed by Manipal Academy of Higher Education Estate Manager Jai Vittal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why are schools insensitive over complexities of poor families?
- Why are schools insensitive over complexities of poor families? - Part II
- DNA: Who are the sponsors and co-sponsors of terrorism in India?
- DNA: Who are the sponsors and co-sponsors of terrorism in India? Part-II
- DNA: Analyzing the mystery of missing IAF aircraft AN-32