Mining baron Reddy`s judicial custody extended
Bangalore: A special CBI court Tuesday extended till April 15 the judicial custody of former minister and mining baron G Janardhana Reddy and his close associate Mehfuz Ali Khan in an alleged iron ore scam.
The judicial custody of the other four associates of the duo which ended today was also extended till April 15.
All the six accused were produced before CBI Special Court judge Shreeshananda here through video conferencing from Parappana Agrahara prison where they are lodged.
They have been booked in connection with the alleged scam relating to export of iron ore from Belekeri port in Uttara Kannada district being probed by the CBI.
The other accused in the case are former government officials S Muthaiah, S P Raju and two others, Swastik Nagaraj and Karapudi Mahesh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- World can now see consequences of Pakistan occupation in PoK: India
- Indrani Mukerjea's condition critical due to drug overdose; Maha govt orders inquiry
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa Reloaded: Shahid reveals about meeting Aishwarya
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!