Mining baron Reddy`s judicial custody extended
Bangalore: A special CBI court Tuesday extended till April 15 the judicial custody of former minister and mining baron G Janardhana Reddy and his close associate Mehfuz Ali Khan in an alleged iron ore scam.
The judicial custody of the other four associates of the duo which ended today was also extended till April 15.
All the six accused were produced before CBI Special Court judge Shreeshananda here through video conferencing from Parappana Agrahara prison where they are lodged.
They have been booked in connection with the alleged scam relating to export of iron ore from Belekeri port in Uttara Kannada district being probed by the CBI.
The other accused in the case are former government officials S Muthaiah, S P Raju and two others, Swastik Nagaraj and Karapudi Mahesh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon