Mining case accused taken to Bellary
Bangalore: Ali Khan, an accused in the illegal mining case filed against former Karnataka minister and mining baron G Janardhana Reddy, was on Tuesday taken for
further questioning to Bellary from here amid tight security.
Khan, who surrendered before a court here on March 2 and
has been in the custody of the CBI since then, was shifted to
Bellary for further questioning on his role in Reddy`s alleged
illegal mining activity, police sources told PTI.
He will produced before the special CBI court here on
March 16, the sources said.
The CBI court yesterday extended the custody of Reddy and
Khan till March 16.
Reddy and 20 others are facing charges for their alleged
involvement in illegal mining, over which the CBI had filed an
FIR against them last October.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble