Mining case accused taken to Bellary
Bangalore: Ali Khan, an accused in the illegal mining case filed against former Karnataka minister and mining baron G Janardhana Reddy, was on Tuesday taken for
further questioning to Bellary from here amid tight security.
Khan, who surrendered before a court here on March 2 and
has been in the custody of the CBI since then, was shifted to
Bellary for further questioning on his role in Reddy`s alleged
illegal mining activity, police sources told PTI.
He will produced before the special CBI court here on
March 16, the sources said.
The CBI court yesterday extended the custody of Reddy and
Khan till March 16.
Reddy and 20 others are facing charges for their alleged
involvement in illegal mining, over which the CBI had filed an
FIR against them last October.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- Sugar prices soar to Rs 42/kg; FM holds inter-ministerial meeting on banning futures trading
- TCL 562 Review: Well-performing smartphone that's worth its price
- Fraud suspect wanted by China pays $31m to end NZ probe
- A massive rift is threatening Antarctic Larsen C ice shelf to collapse
- 46th day of curfew, restrictions cripple Kashmir