Mining case accused taken to Bellary
Bangalore: Ali Khan, an accused in the illegal mining case filed against former Karnataka minister and mining baron G Janardhana Reddy, was on Tuesday taken for
further questioning to Bellary from here amid tight security.
Khan, who surrendered before a court here on March 2 and
has been in the custody of the CBI since then, was shifted to
Bellary for further questioning on his role in Reddy`s alleged
illegal mining activity, police sources told PTI.
He will produced before the special CBI court here on
March 16, the sources said.
The CBI court yesterday extended the custody of Reddy and
Khan till March 16.
Reddy and 20 others are facing charges for their alleged
involvement in illegal mining, over which the CBI had filed an
FIR against them last October.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption