Mining is Reddy’s private business: BJP
New Delhi: BJP today expressed hope that
former Karnataka minister Janardhan Reddy, who has been
arrested in connection with the mining scam, will come out
clean but maintained the whole issue was related to his
private business and not to the party.
"Reddy brothers are holding the point that they have not
violated any rules of mining. We are sure Janardhan Reddy will
come out clean...As long as they are associated politically
with us, we will own them up," Dhananjay Kumar, Karnataka
government`s special representative in Delhi, said.
The CBI today arrested mining baron G Janardhan Reddy and
Managing Director of Obalapuram Mining Company B V Srinivas
Reddy after conducting raids at their premises.
Asked about the arrests, Kumar said, "It is a process of
investigation. If CBI comes to the conclusion that it has to
apprehend somebody as part of its investigations, then it is
well within its right to do so. The agency is carrying out the
orders of the Andhra High Court."
Kumar said the mining operations carried out by the Reddy
brothers were their private business and has nothing to do
with the party.
Reddy, who was the Tourism and Infrastructure Development
Minister in the previous B S Yeddyurappa government, was among
those indicted by the Lokayukta report on illegal mining
submitted to the Government on July 27.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city