Mining is Reddy’s private business: BJP
New Delhi: BJP today expressed hope that
former Karnataka minister Janardhan Reddy, who has been
arrested in connection with the mining scam, will come out
clean but maintained the whole issue was related to his
private business and not to the party.
"Reddy brothers are holding the point that they have not
violated any rules of mining. We are sure Janardhan Reddy will
come out clean...As long as they are associated politically
with us, we will own them up," Dhananjay Kumar, Karnataka
government`s special representative in Delhi, said.
The CBI today arrested mining baron G Janardhan Reddy and
Managing Director of Obalapuram Mining Company B V Srinivas
Reddy after conducting raids at their premises.
Asked about the arrests, Kumar said, "It is a process of
investigation. If CBI comes to the conclusion that it has to
apprehend somebody as part of its investigations, then it is
well within its right to do so. The agency is carrying out the
orders of the Andhra High Court."
Kumar said the mining operations carried out by the Reddy
brothers were their private business and has nothing to do
with the party.
Reddy, who was the Tourism and Infrastructure Development
Minister in the previous B S Yeddyurappa government, was among
those indicted by the Lokayukta report on illegal mining
submitted to the Government on July 27.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- Lalu Yadav invites Jitan Ram Manjhi for joint fight against BJP, JD(U) upset
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- Littering, defacement to be made punishable offence
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 may not be announced today
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- Check JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015: JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015 declared on jac.nic.in
- WBBSE 10th Madhyamik Results 2015: West Bengal Board (wbbse.org & wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015 to be announced on May 22
- Don't know what will happen to my career, says Ranbir Kapoor
- Osama files show an "Indian brother in Madinah” financed al Qaeda