Mining lobby behind attempts to destabilise Govt: Yeddyurappa
Bangalore: Karnataka Chief Minister B S
Yeddyurappa on Thursday made no secret that the mining lobby was
behind attempts to destabilise his government in tandem with
the opposition, but asserted that he would not succumb to any
"The lobby which especially tried to topple my government
....I will not yield to the lobby," he said shortly after his
government won the trust vote in the Assembly.
When asked to name the lobby, he refused to say it was
"mining" but left no one in doubt that he exactly meant that.
The BJP government had banned export of iron ore earlier
this year after it came under attack for alleged large scale
illegal mining in the state.
Yeddyurappa said it is well-known that the lobby attempted
to destabilise his government with hundreds of crores of
rupees and extended cooperation to opposition to topple it.
"These kinds of threats (destabilising his government)
came after we took strict programme (to ban export of iron
ore). We have done so to preserve the state`s (mineral)
resources. I am ready to pay any price. There is no question
of yielding to any lobby," he said.
The Chief Minister said that in the next few days, he
would meet the Prime Minister, Home Minister and Finance
Minister and thank them for their "cooperation" and added that
he would also seek their continued cooperation for the state`s
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced shortly
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2, Chennai Super Kings vs Royal Challengers Bangalore: Preview
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA