Mining scam: Chargesheet against Reddy, 4 others
Hyderabad: The CBI on Saturday filed a chargesheet
against former Karnataka Tourism minister Gali Janardhana Reddy and four others in the Obulapuram Mining Company (OMC)
"We, today, filed a chargesheet against five accused in
the OMC case under different sections of IPC and Prevention of
Corruption Act," CBI Joint Director (Hyderabad Zone) V V
Lakshmi Narayana told reporters here.
The chargesheet was filed against Janardhana Reddy, who
owns Obulapuram Mining Company Pvt Ltd, his brother-in-law and
OMC Managing Director B V Srinivas Reddy, former Director of
Mines and Geology (Andhra Pradesh) V D Rajagopal, the then
Assistant Director of Mines and Geology late R Linga Reddy and
the OMC, he said.
They have been charged under sections 120-B (criminal
conspiracy), 409 (Criminal breach of trust), 420 (cheating),
468 (forgery for the purpose of cheating) and Section 471
(using as genuine a forged document) of IPC and relevant
sections under Prevention of Corruption Act.
However, the chargesheet does not name senior IAS officer
Y Srilakshmi, who was arrested on November 28 on charges of
abusing her official position and favouring OMC.
Her name was not included in the chargesheet as we are
still collecting evidence with regard to allegations against
Srilakshmi, the CBI director said and indicated that she could
be named in the supplementary chargesheet.
Replying to a query on alleged role of political leaders
and ministers in the OMC scam, Lakshmi Narayana said the
investigation into the case was still on and they had sought
permission from the court for further investigation adding
"The chargesheet has been filed against all those against whom
investigation is complete...depending on evidence a
supplementary chargesheet will definitely be filed."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok