Mining scam: Chargesheet against Reddy, 4 others
Hyderabad: The CBI on Saturday filed a chargesheet
against former Karnataka Tourism minister Gali Janardhana Reddy and four others in the Obulapuram Mining Company (OMC)
"We, today, filed a chargesheet against five accused in
the OMC case under different sections of IPC and Prevention of
Corruption Act," CBI Joint Director (Hyderabad Zone) V V
Lakshmi Narayana told reporters here.
The chargesheet was filed against Janardhana Reddy, who
owns Obulapuram Mining Company Pvt Ltd, his brother-in-law and
OMC Managing Director B V Srinivas Reddy, former Director of
Mines and Geology (Andhra Pradesh) V D Rajagopal, the then
Assistant Director of Mines and Geology late R Linga Reddy and
the OMC, he said.
They have been charged under sections 120-B (criminal
conspiracy), 409 (Criminal breach of trust), 420 (cheating),
468 (forgery for the purpose of cheating) and Section 471
(using as genuine a forged document) of IPC and relevant
sections under Prevention of Corruption Act.
However, the chargesheet does not name senior IAS officer
Y Srilakshmi, who was arrested on November 28 on charges of
abusing her official position and favouring OMC.
Her name was not included in the chargesheet as we are
still collecting evidence with regard to allegations against
Srilakshmi, the CBI director said and indicated that she could
be named in the supplementary chargesheet.
Replying to a query on alleged role of political leaders
and ministers in the OMC scam, Lakshmi Narayana said the
investigation into the case was still on and they had sought
permission from the court for further investigation adding
"The chargesheet has been filed against all those against whom
investigation is complete...depending on evidence a
supplementary chargesheet will definitely be filed."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- DNA: Analyzing the harmful effects of selfies
- Report of a taxi driver who lends helping hand to patients in Mumbai
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog