Mining scam: Will Reddys get bail?
Hyderabad: The Hyderabad court will on Wednesday hear the bail pleas moved by former Karnataka tourism minister Gali Janardhan Reddy and Managing Director of Obulapuram Mining Company B V Srinivas Reddy, both of whom were arrested by the CBI in connection with their alleged illegal mining operations.
Meanwhile, the CBI court on Tuesday notified the Karnataka Legislative Council Chairman about the arrest of Janardhan Reddy, who is a MLC from that state.
The duo was arrested on Monday by a CBI team led by its joint director (Hyderabad Zone) VV Lakshmi Narayana at Bellary in Karnataka after conducting searches at their premises.
While producing the duo, CBI moved a memo seeking their custody for 15 days, and the matter is also slated for hearing today.
In its memo, the investigating agency contended it has to interrogate the accused as OMC has `violated` all norms and crores of rupees were involved in the alleged illegal mining at the Bellary reserve forest, which spreads between Bellary district in Karnataka and Anantapur district in Andhra Pradesh.
Both the Reddys have been put up in the barracks of the reception block of the Chanchalguda Central Prison.
Meanwhile, Chanchalguda Jail Superintendent Kesava Naidu told reporters that the Reddys were being treated as any other prisoner.
"We are treating them (Janardhan Reddy and Srinivas Reddy) as any other prisoner. There are no specific directions from the court on providing special treatment," he said.
With Agency Inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you