Mining scam: Will Reddys get bail?
Hyderabad: The Hyderabad court will on Wednesday hear the bail pleas moved by former Karnataka tourism minister Gali Janardhan Reddy and Managing Director of Obulapuram Mining Company B V Srinivas Reddy, both of whom were arrested by the CBI in connection with their alleged illegal mining operations.
Meanwhile, the CBI court on Tuesday notified the Karnataka Legislative Council Chairman about the arrest of Janardhan Reddy, who is a MLC from that state.
The duo was arrested on Monday by a CBI team led by its joint director (Hyderabad Zone) VV Lakshmi Narayana at Bellary in Karnataka after conducting searches at their premises.
While producing the duo, CBI moved a memo seeking their custody for 15 days, and the matter is also slated for hearing today.
In its memo, the investigating agency contended it has to interrogate the accused as OMC has `violated` all norms and crores of rupees were involved in the alleged illegal mining at the Bellary reserve forest, which spreads between Bellary district in Karnataka and Anantapur district in Andhra Pradesh.
Both the Reddys have been put up in the barracks of the reception block of the Chanchalguda Central Prison.
Meanwhile, Chanchalguda Jail Superintendent Kesava Naidu told reporters that the Reddys were being treated as any other prisoner.
"We are treating them (Janardhan Reddy and Srinivas Reddy) as any other prisoner. There are no specific directions from the court on providing special treatment," he said.
With Agency Inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city