Minor girl raped in Karnataka`s Gulbarga district
Gulbarga: As the gang-rape case in Delhi continues to hog national attention, the rape of a minor girl in a village in this district came to light today, two days after the crime was committed.
The 11-year-old girl was raped in a farm field in Ainoli village in Chincholi taluk on December 22, police said.
Though people from the girl`s side approached the local police station to lodge a complaint, their plea was not entertained. The Child Welfare Committee of Chincholi taluk took up the issue and met District Superintendent of Police N Satish Kumar today to pursue the matter, police sources said.
A search had been launched to nab the culprit who fled the scene after committing the crime, they said adding there were definite clues.
The girl is undergoing treatment at a hospital in Solapur in neighbouring Maharashtra. A police team as well as officials from its women wing left for Solapur to record her statement, police sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- IND vs AUS, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'
- Indian man Srinivas Kuchibhotla shot dead in Kansas bar while watching basketball game - Know what happened