Minor girl raped in Karnataka`s Gulbarga district
Gulbarga: As the gang-rape case in Delhi continues to hog national attention, the rape of a minor girl in a village in this district came to light today, two days after the crime was committed.
The 11-year-old girl was raped in a farm field in Ainoli village in Chincholi taluk on December 22, police said.
Though people from the girl`s side approached the local police station to lodge a complaint, their plea was not entertained. The Child Welfare Committee of Chincholi taluk took up the issue and met District Superintendent of Police N Satish Kumar today to pursue the matter, police sources said.
A search had been launched to nab the culprit who fled the scene after committing the crime, they said adding there were definite clues.
The girl is undergoing treatment at a hospital in Solapur in neighbouring Maharashtra. A police team as well as officials from its women wing left for Solapur to record her statement, police sources said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russian MP dies while ‘having sex’ inside car - Read
- Modi govt 'promoting Brahmanism' in the name of 'Hindu Rashtravad': Arundhati Roy
- Ban on Salman Rushdie's 'The Satanic Verses' by Rajiv Gandhi govt was a mistake: P Chidambaram