Minor girl raped in Karnataka`s Gulbarga district
Gulbarga: As the gang-rape case in Delhi continues to hog national attention, the rape of a minor girl in a village in this district came to light today, two days after the crime was committed.
The 11-year-old girl was raped in a farm field in Ainoli village in Chincholi taluk on December 22, police said.
Though people from the girl`s side approached the local police station to lodge a complaint, their plea was not entertained. The Child Welfare Committee of Chincholi taluk took up the issue and met District Superintendent of Police N Satish Kumar today to pursue the matter, police sources said.
A search had been launched to nab the culprit who fled the scene after committing the crime, they said adding there were definite clues.
The girl is undergoing treatment at a hospital in Solapur in neighbouring Maharashtra. A police team as well as officials from its women wing left for Solapur to record her statement, police sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Robert Vadra explains Facebook post, denies insulting Parliament
- Shashi Tharoor condems Yakub Memon's hanging
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez