`MLAs were aware of Speaker`s foreign trip`
Madikeri: Karnataka Sports and Youth Affairs Minister Apachu Ranjan today said ministers and legislators were aware about Speaker K G Bopaiah`s foreign tour and he would return on January 28.
"All ministers, legislators and officials knew about the Speaker`s foreign tour and he will be back in India on January 28," he told reporters here.
Ranjan said it was not correct to to state that Bopaiah had avoided accepting resignation letters from 13 MLAs, who had visited his chamber at Legislative Secretariat on January 23.
Bopaiah was supposed to accompany former Chief Minister Sadananada Gowda, Legislative Council Chairman D H Shankarmurthy and other MLAs on a foreign tour, but due to some reasons he did not join them.
Bopaiah reached Nepal on January 23 and from there he proceeded to China and presently he was in Italy. The speaker would then would fly to Australia and some other countries before reaching India on January 28, Ranjan said, adding, he was in touch with him on January 24.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- I-T department rejects declaration of Rs 2,00,000 crore made under IDS by Mumbai family