`MLAs were aware of Speaker`s foreign trip`
Madikeri: Karnataka Sports and Youth Affairs Minister Apachu Ranjan today said ministers and legislators were aware about Speaker K G Bopaiah`s foreign tour and he would return on January 28.
"All ministers, legislators and officials knew about the Speaker`s foreign tour and he will be back in India on January 28," he told reporters here.
Ranjan said it was not correct to to state that Bopaiah had avoided accepting resignation letters from 13 MLAs, who had visited his chamber at Legislative Secretariat on January 23.
Bopaiah was supposed to accompany former Chief Minister Sadananada Gowda, Legislative Council Chairman D H Shankarmurthy and other MLAs on a foreign tour, but due to some reasons he did not join them.
Bopaiah reached Nepal on January 23 and from there he proceeded to China and presently he was in Italy. The speaker would then would fly to Australia and some other countries before reaching India on January 28, Ranjan said, adding, he was in touch with him on January 24.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video