`MLAs were aware of Speaker`s foreign trip`
Madikeri: Karnataka Sports and Youth Affairs Minister Apachu Ranjan today said ministers and legislators were aware about Speaker K G Bopaiah`s foreign tour and he would return on January 28.
"All ministers, legislators and officials knew about the Speaker`s foreign tour and he will be back in India on January 28," he told reporters here.
Ranjan said it was not correct to to state that Bopaiah had avoided accepting resignation letters from 13 MLAs, who had visited his chamber at Legislative Secretariat on January 23.
Bopaiah was supposed to accompany former Chief Minister Sadananada Gowda, Legislative Council Chairman D H Shankarmurthy and other MLAs on a foreign tour, but due to some reasons he did not join them.
Bopaiah reached Nepal on January 23 and from there he proceeded to China and presently he was in Italy. The speaker would then would fly to Australia and some other countries before reaching India on January 28, Ranjan said, adding, he was in touch with him on January 24.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter
- ‘Bajrangi Bhaijaan’ Salman Khan weaves magic at BO; to register Rs 500 crore soon!