Modi has risen from grassroots level unlike Rahul: MP CM
Tumkur: Attacking Congress Vice-President Rahul Gandhi, MP Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chauhan on Sunday said he cannot understand the woes of poor people as Narendra Modi because the Gujarat Chief Minister has risen to the current position from grassroots level.
"What can Gandhi understand about the woes of the poor. He has never been among them like Modi who came from grassroots level. Some of his recent programmes have been mere gimmick," he said addressing a public meeting here.
He claimed that Gandhi was losing ground and popularity and never could lead Congress to form another government as evident from his roadshow from here to Mysore recently.
"The roadshow was a flop with hardly any people coming to receive him. This has been the case with most of his public appearances. Only Modi can take the country forward," the Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister said.
Chauhan said there was no alternative to Modi as people had realised Congress cannot take the country forward.
It is time for them to vote NDA back to power, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- New SC bench to hear 1993 Mumbai bomb blasts convict Yakub Memon's plea on Wednesday