Modi has risen from grassroots level unlike Rahul: MP CM
Tumkur: Attacking Congress Vice-President Rahul Gandhi, MP Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chauhan on Sunday said he cannot understand the woes of poor people as Narendra Modi because the Gujarat Chief Minister has risen to the current position from grassroots level.
"What can Gandhi understand about the woes of the poor. He has never been among them like Modi who came from grassroots level. Some of his recent programmes have been mere gimmick," he said addressing a public meeting here.
He claimed that Gandhi was losing ground and popularity and never could lead Congress to form another government as evident from his roadshow from here to Mysore recently.
"The roadshow was a flop with hardly any people coming to receive him. This has been the case with most of his public appearances. Only Modi can take the country forward," the Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister said.
Chauhan said there was no alternative to Modi as people had realised Congress cannot take the country forward.
It is time for them to vote NDA back to power, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble