Modi says he is at our beck and call on Karnataka poll campaign: BJP
Bangalore: The BJP on Monday sought to put at rest speculation over whether Narendra Modi will campaign in Karnataka, maintaining that the Gujarat chief minister had made it clear that he will be at their "beck and call" and conduct a whirlwind tour to help BJP retain power.
On persistent speculation on whether Modi would give a pass to the campaigning as the BJP government was dogged by corruption charges and dissidence within the party, president Rajnath Singh, Karnataka Chief Minister Jagadish Shettar and senior leader Ananth Kumar issued a quick rebuttal.
Singh spoke via video conference from the national capital after a private jet carrying him, Sushma Swaraj and Arun Jaitley on their way to address a rally here to kick-off party`s campaign for May 5 elections, landed under emergency conditions at Delhi airport with the trip being cancelled.
Referring to media reports which suggested that Modi and party stalwart L K Advani might stay away from campaign, he categorically said these were untrue and all the central leaders would travel to Karnataka to address public meetings.
On how many days Modi would spend in Karnataka for campaigning, Ananth Kumar quoted him as saying, "It`s not a question of how many days. I will conduct whirlwind tour to bring back BJP to power in Karnataka."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Panel discussion on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's hanging
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi