Murder accused HP MLA takes oath
Shimla: The suspended Congress MLA from Doon, who is an accused in the murder of a young girl, today took oath as the member of the Himachal Pradesh Legislative Assembly.
Ram Kumar Chowdhary was administered oath by Speaker Brij Bihari Lal Butail in his chamber.
Chowdhary was booked in Jyoti murder case along with four others by Panchkula police on November 22 and was evading arrest.
He did not attend the meeting of the newly-elected congress MLAs on December 23 and was also absent when the newly elected MLAs were administered oath during the first session of 12th Vidhan Sabha at Dharamsala on January 8.
He finally surrendered on January eight and was sent to Ambala prison by a court.
Later, the MLA had sought time from the Speaker through his lawyers for taking oath.
Talking to reporters after taking oath, Chaudhary rejected the possibilities of his resignation due to alleged involvement in the murder case and said that "a conspiracy has been hatched against him by his political rivals to involve him the case".
"I am innocent and would come out clean," he said, adding that he has full faith in judiciary.
HPCC president Sukhvinder Singh Sukkhu has already suspended the MLA from primary membership of the party and his suspension would remain valid till he is absolved of murder charges by the court.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you