My party leaders conspired to remove me: BSY
Honnali (Karnataka): Blaming his own party leaders for his ouster as Chief Minister, BJP strongman in Karnataka BS Yeddyurappa on Monday claimed that people`s backing for him has only increased since then.
"I am indebted to the people for supporting me even after losing the Chief Minister`s seat," Yeddyurappa, who was forced to quit in July last year after a Lokayukta report on illegal mining indicted him, said.
Addressing a public rally here near Davanagere, Yeddyurappa, on a state-wide tour to understand the problems faced by the people due to drought, alleged that his own party leaders conspired against him to remove him from the Chief Minister`s post.
"More than the leaders from opposition parties, my own party members conspired against me and succeeded to remove me from the Chief Minister`s post. Power and position is of less importance if one`s pride is hurt," Yeddyurappa said.
BJP came to power because of people`s support and he would again occupy the Chief Minister`s seat with their blessings, he said.
"If I became CM again, I will make Karnataka a model state in the country," he claimed.
Yeddyurappa, battling a series of corruption cases, has been eyeing the post of state unit party President, but the BJP central leadership has not conceded his demand.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list