My party leaders conspired to remove me: BSY
Honnali (Karnataka): Blaming his own party leaders for his ouster as Chief Minister, BJP strongman in Karnataka BS Yeddyurappa on Monday claimed that people`s backing for him has only increased since then.
"I am indebted to the people for supporting me even after losing the Chief Minister`s seat," Yeddyurappa, who was forced to quit in July last year after a Lokayukta report on illegal mining indicted him, said.
Addressing a public rally here near Davanagere, Yeddyurappa, on a state-wide tour to understand the problems faced by the people due to drought, alleged that his own party leaders conspired against him to remove him from the Chief Minister`s post.
"More than the leaders from opposition parties, my own party members conspired against me and succeeded to remove me from the Chief Minister`s post. Power and position is of less importance if one`s pride is hurt," Yeddyurappa said.
BJP came to power because of people`s support and he would again occupy the Chief Minister`s seat with their blessings, he said.
"If I became CM again, I will make Karnataka a model state in the country," he claimed.
Yeddyurappa, battling a series of corruption cases, has been eyeing the post of state unit party President, but the BJP central leadership has not conceded his demand.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- Zee Media Exclusive: In conversation with BJP President Amit Shah
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days