Naidu wants special Parl session to debate on fram
Bangalore: BJP leader M Venkaiah Naidu on Saturday reiterated his party demand for an all party meeting or a special session of Parliament to debate on framing stringent laws against rapists.
"I am still of the opinion that the Government should have sent a positive message. They should have called an all party meeting or a parliament session for framing stringent laws", Naidu told reporters here.
Naidu alleged that the Congress was in the habit of not taking things seriously.
Crimes like stalking and stripping should be included in the new law as these are also atrocities against women, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fresh plea in SC against triple talaq system
- Consumers will be compensated for unscheduled power cuts: Delhi CM Kejriwal
- Shocking! Man dies performing stunt in moving train in Mumbai
- China planning to stretch its Nepal rail link to Bihar: Report
- National child helpline number '1098' now launched in 25 languages!
- Lashkar-e-Toiba carried out deadly 2007 Samjhauta Express blasts: NIA to submit this US intel report in court
- JeM planning Pathankot-II with support from Pakistan's ISI, IM, conducting recce of Indian cities: Military intel
- Arijit Singh writes open letter to Salman Khan apologising and requesting him to retain ‘Sultan’ song – Here’s why
- Akshay Kumar with 'Housefull3' gang set to sizzle in saddi Dilli—See selfie!
- Megresults.nic.in & mbose.in HSSLC Results 2016: Meghalaya Board Tura Class 12th Arts exam results 2016 to be announced shortly