Naidu wants special Parl session to debate on fram
Bangalore: BJP leader M Venkaiah Naidu on Saturday reiterated his party demand for an all party meeting or a special session of Parliament to debate on framing stringent laws against rapists.
"I am still of the opinion that the Government should have sent a positive message. They should have called an all party meeting or a parliament session for framing stringent laws", Naidu told reporters here.
Naidu alleged that the Congress was in the habit of not taking things seriously.
Crimes like stalking and stripping should be included in the new law as these are also atrocities against women, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nawaz Sharif's dream of making Kashmir a terror hell will never come true, says Sushma Swaraj
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- Scientists produce rare wood bison calves through IVF
- Munich pulls together after shopping mall shooting
- West Indies legend Vivian Richards hails Virat Kohli's 'magnificent' innings
- Indian aid worker Judith D'Souza rescued from captors in Afghanistan returns home
- 80 killed, over 200 injured in twin suicide bomb attacks on Kabul protesters; Islamic State claims responsibility