Naidu wants special Parl session to debate on fram
Bangalore: BJP leader M Venkaiah Naidu on Saturday reiterated his party demand for an all party meeting or a special session of Parliament to debate on framing stringent laws against rapists.
"I am still of the opinion that the Government should have sent a positive message. They should have called an all party meeting or a parliament session for framing stringent laws", Naidu told reporters here.
Naidu alleged that the Congress was in the habit of not taking things seriously.
Crimes like stalking and stripping should be included in the new law as these are also atrocities against women, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking! Three murders within 48 hours in Delhi
- Copa America Final: Time for Messi to end Argentina drought in Copa final?
- Summer Olympics: Boxer Laishram Devendro out of contention for Rio berth
- 'Only 15% water left in major reservoirs in India; west, south worst hit'
- Amarnath Yatra: J&K DGP reviews security arrangements