Nashik police slap MCOCA on fifteen criminals
Nashik: Cracking whip on organised crime syndicate in the city, the police have slapped Maharashtra Control of Organised Crimes Act (MCOCA) on fifteen criminals,
including two women, over last four years, a senior official has said.
Nashik DCP Sahebrao Patil told reporters last evening the accused are booked under stringent provisions to break the backbone of the organised crime like extortion, robbery on rise especially in Panchvati area of the old city.
The MCOCA is being implemented to put a leash on the growing incidents in which the accused scot free exploiting loopholes in laws.
At least five among the 15 criminals booked belonged to notorious Tipper gang allegedly involved in many instances of robberies in the district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shahi Imam meets PM Modi, demands innocent Muslims must not be harassed in name of fighting ISIS
- 12 men rape British teen girl for over 13 months; slapped with 140 years in jail
- Mahendra Singh Dhoni: I allow bowlers to set the field in T20 cricket
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa brought to Delhi, Army chief Dabir Singh visits RR hospital