Nashik police slap MCOCA on fifteen criminals
Nashik: Cracking whip on organised crime syndicate in the city, the police have slapped Maharashtra Control of Organised Crimes Act (MCOCA) on fifteen criminals,
including two women, over last four years, a senior official has said.
Nashik DCP Sahebrao Patil told reporters last evening the accused are booked under stringent provisions to break the backbone of the organised crime like extortion, robbery on rise especially in Panchvati area of the old city.
The MCOCA is being implemented to put a leash on the growing incidents in which the accused scot free exploiting loopholes in laws.
At least five among the 15 criminals booked belonged to notorious Tipper gang allegedly involved in many instances of robberies in the district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days