New Delhi: The wife of a senior Navy officer, who has charged her husband with forcing her to get "sexually involved" with his colleagues, has requested the maritime force to shift the probe venue from Karwar in Karnataka to Delhi.
Soon after she levelled allegations against her husband who is posted at Karwar naval base, Defence Minister AK Antony had ordered a probe into the issue and a day later, the Navy also ordered a Board of Inquiry.
"We have requested the Navy to shift the BoI from Karwar to Delhi where all my family members were asked to be present on May 23. I have requested the BoI President and the Naval Headquarters to shift the probe from there to the capital here," father of the woman said here.
Navy sources said once the request is formally received, it is most likely that the probe venue would be shifted to Delhi as it has already been done in the case of the woman who had levelled similar allegations her husband in Kochi.
The woman has alleged her husband, a lieutenant commander (equivalent to a Major in Army) posted at the Naval Ship Repair Yard (NSRY) in Karwar, forced her get sexually involved with his colleagues and consume alcohol.
The woman, who says she has shifted to her maternal home after this episode, has accused her husband of physical and mental torture.
An MBA, she got married in February last year to the officer. The woman alleged her husband had threatened that if she disclosed about his deeds to anyone, "he would put up my nude pictures on internet to spoil my image socially".