Nearly 12,000 in fray for elections to Urban Local Bodies
Bangalore: About 12,000 candidates remain in the fray across Karnataka after the final day for withdrawal of nominations for the March 7 elections to urban local bodies on Wednesday, State Election Commission said here.
A total of 33,195 nominations papers were filed for 4,976 wards in 208 ULBs of which 26,541 were found in order.
As many as 3,579 nomination papers were rejected on February 26 after scrutiny, SEC sources said.
A total of 6,956 nomination papers were filed by Congress candidates, 5,716 by BJP candidates and 5,046 by JD(S) candidates.
The number of nomination papers filed by Karnataka Janata Party candidates was 2,345 and 1,690 by BSR Congress candidates.
A toal of 10,599 Independents also filed their nominations, SEC sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress plans nationwide media blitz against 2 years of NDA's 'misrule'; to release film, booklet
- PHOTO: After KKR's loss vs SRH, Shah Rukh Khan Tweets heart-wrenching image of cheerleaders crying
- Kardashians offered USD 100 million movie deal?
- Supreme Court to hear Italian government's plea on marine today
- Aww! Nargis Fakhri is missing THESE guys and gals