Nearly 12,000 in fray for elections to Urban Local Bodies
Bangalore: About 12,000 candidates remain in the fray across Karnataka after the final day for withdrawal of nominations for the March 7 elections to urban local bodies on Wednesday, State Election Commission said here.
A total of 33,195 nominations papers were filed for 4,976 wards in 208 ULBs of which 26,541 were found in order.
As many as 3,579 nomination papers were rejected on February 26 after scrutiny, SEC sources said.
A total of 6,956 nomination papers were filed by Congress candidates, 5,716 by BJP candidates and 5,046 by JD(S) candidates.
The number of nomination papers filed by Karnataka Janata Party candidates was 2,345 and 1,690 by BSR Congress candidates.
A toal of 10,599 Independents also filed their nominations, SEC sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah Part II
- Uttarakhand: MBBS students builds toilets in a village in Rishikesh
- Digital detox helps to get rid of smartphones addiction
- Watch: Syrian boys crying, hugging each other after their brother is killed in airstrike
- More than 8 lakh people affected by flood in UP
- Virender Sehwag fulfills Sakshi Malik's desire to meet him; this tweet tells how GLAD he is
- Asked to remove pugree at US embassy, BJP MP refuses to take visa
- Pink Ball Test: Jury still out on sighting, no reverse swing for pacers or turn for spinners
- RCom-Aircel expected to sign merger deal by Sept 1st week