Need only public backing to become CM again: BS Yeddyurappa
Haveri: Senior BJP leader BS Yeddyurappa on Sunday said he did not need the support of party central leadership but only required public backing to become chief minister once again.
"I don`t need the support of party central leadership but require only public backing to become chief minister once again," he said at a public rally at Hirekerur, 30 km from here.
Yeddyurappa said if he became CM again, he would make Karnataka a model state in the country, adding, "some leaders within the party conspired against me to bring me down from the chief minister`s post".
Referring to `Operation Lotus` launched to increase the BJP strength in the Assembly, Yeddyurappa said the party resorted to it for the welfare of the state.
"Without Operation Lotus, BJP would have lost. JDS or Congress would have ruled the state which could have not augured well for the state," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing