Need only public backing to become CM again: BS Yeddyurappa
Haveri: Senior BJP leader BS Yeddyurappa on Sunday said he did not need the support of party central leadership but only required public backing to become chief minister once again.
"I don`t need the support of party central leadership but require only public backing to become chief minister once again," he said at a public rally at Hirekerur, 30 km from here.
Yeddyurappa said if he became CM again, he would make Karnataka a model state in the country, adding, "some leaders within the party conspired against me to bring me down from the chief minister`s post".
Referring to `Operation Lotus` launched to increase the BJP strength in the Assembly, Yeddyurappa said the party resorted to it for the welfare of the state.
"Without Operation Lotus, BJP would have lost. JDS or Congress would have ruled the state which could have not augured well for the state," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?