New KPCC President confident no legislator will leave party
Bangalore: Faced with a daunting task of
guarding party MLAs from being poached by the ruling BJP,
newly appointed Karnataka Congress chief G Parameshwara on Wednesday
exuded confidence, saying no legislator would leave the party.
"We can say with confidence that none will leave the
party. Our MLAs have confidence that whatever the problems
they have, will be redressed," Parameshwara, who was with
Congress leader Siddaramaiah, told reporters.
Parameshwara`s comment came in the backdrop of
speculations that some Congress MLAs were being lured by BJP.
The Congress president met Siddaramaiah and said he would
focus attention on carrying all party workers with him and
gear up the party for upcoming zilla and taluk panchayat
elections likely to be held by this year end.
An action plan would be drawn up to fight the coming
elections and also against the BJP government, which he
branded as "inefficient, corrupt and anti-development".
He said he would also ask the party high command to
appoint executive committee and other office-bearers to the
state unit before the panchayat polls.
Meanwhile Siddaramaiah, who has been holding parleys with
party MLAs and persuading them not to quit also expressed
optimism that there would be no more desertions by
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa suffers cardiac arrest; being monitored
- Watch: PM Modi addresses rally in Moradabad, UP - Part II
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what