NHRC issues notice to Bidar police over 5-year-old girl`s rape in Karnataka
New Delhi: Taking suo motu cognisance of the rape of a five-year-old girl in Karnataka`s Bidar district, the National Human Rights Commission on Monday issued notice to the district police chief and sought a reply within four weeks.
The right body took cognisance of media reports that the two men who allegedly raped the five-year-old girl at Saigaon village under Hulsoor police station of the district on December 17 were yet to be arrested.
"The Commission has observed that the contents of the report, if true, raise a serious issue of violation of human rights of the girl. Notice has been issued to Superintendent of Police, Bidar calling for report in the matter within four weeks," a statement from NHRC said.
The child was sleeping in her house when some unidentified persons whisked her away to an isolated spot at and committed the crime.
The girl was seriously injured and was admitted to Niloufer Hospital in Hyderabad after doctors at the Bidar Government general hospital advised a surgery.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: BJP's tally rises to 82 after Atul Shah wins in lottery, Shiv Sena bags 84; CM Fadnavis hails PM Modi's clean governance
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017 LIVE: Shiv Sena leads in Mumbai but BJP the big winner
- Solapur Municipal Corporation Elections 2017: Shiv Sena wins, BJP runners-up
- Thane Municipal Corporation Elections 2017 Results LIVE: Shiv Sena set for clear majority, leading in 51 seats, BJP in 17