NHRC issues notice to Bidar police over 5-year-old girl`s rape in Karnataka
New Delhi: Taking suo motu cognisance of the rape of a five-year-old girl in Karnataka`s Bidar district, the National Human Rights Commission on Monday issued notice to the district police chief and sought a reply within four weeks.
The right body took cognisance of media reports that the two men who allegedly raped the five-year-old girl at Saigaon village under Hulsoor police station of the district on December 17 were yet to be arrested.
"The Commission has observed that the contents of the report, if true, raise a serious issue of violation of human rights of the girl. Notice has been issued to Superintendent of Police, Bidar calling for report in the matter within four weeks," a statement from NHRC said.
The child was sleeping in her house when some unidentified persons whisked her away to an isolated spot at and committed the crime.
The girl was seriously injured and was admitted to Niloufer Hospital in Hyderabad after doctors at the Bidar Government general hospital advised a surgery.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday