NHRC issues notice to Bidar police over 5-year-old girl`s rape in Karnataka
New Delhi: Taking suo motu cognisance of the rape of a five-year-old girl in Karnataka`s Bidar district, the National Human Rights Commission on Monday issued notice to the district police chief and sought a reply within four weeks.
The right body took cognisance of media reports that the two men who allegedly raped the five-year-old girl at Saigaon village under Hulsoor police station of the district on December 17 were yet to be arrested.
"The Commission has observed that the contents of the report, if true, raise a serious issue of violation of human rights of the girl. Notice has been issued to Superintendent of Police, Bidar calling for report in the matter within four weeks," a statement from NHRC said.
The child was sleeping in her house when some unidentified persons whisked her away to an isolated spot at and committed the crime.
The girl was seriously injured and was admitted to Niloufer Hospital in Hyderabad after doctors at the Bidar Government general hospital advised a surgery.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack