NIA probe into `plot` will take some time: Police
Bangalore: Police on Tuesday said the NIA probe into the alleged plot to target politicians and some journalists by 15 terror suspects of LeT and HuJI would take some time as it involves a lot of international and inter-state ramifications.
"The probe is in progress and the National Investigative Agency is looking into all the records. It takes time because it involves a lot of international and inter-state ramifications," City Police Commissioner Jyotiprakash Mirji told reporters.
Asked if the case was handed over to NIA for lack of personnel to handle it, he said it was difficult for police to spend more time on international ramifications aspects. "NIA has sufficient expertise to probe terror related cases, but state police is assisting them in investigation," he said.
All the terror suspects, including a journalist of an English daily, were arrested from Hubli and Bangalore between Aug 28 and Sept 3 by police, who claimed to have foiled a plot to target MPs, MLAs and Journalists in Karnataka.
On right wing outfit Ram Sene chief Pramod Muthalik`s threat to disrupt the India-Pakistan T20 match here on Dec 25, he said they would first urge him to desist from such acts and take suitable action if he does not fall in line.
"We will first urge Muthalik not to indulge in such acts. If he doesn`t fall in line, we will take apt action against his activists if they try to disrupt the match," he said.
"There is no question of threat.Once government has decided to allow the match, it will be done at any cost," he said.
Muthalik had yesterday opposed the Pakistan cricket team`s tour to India and threatened to disrupt the Dec 25 match here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured