NIA probe into `plot` will take some time: Police
Bangalore: Police on Tuesday said the NIA probe into the alleged plot to target politicians and some journalists by 15 terror suspects of LeT and HuJI would take some time as it involves a lot of international and inter-state ramifications.
"The probe is in progress and the National Investigative Agency is looking into all the records. It takes time because it involves a lot of international and inter-state ramifications," City Police Commissioner Jyotiprakash Mirji told reporters.
Asked if the case was handed over to NIA for lack of personnel to handle it, he said it was difficult for police to spend more time on international ramifications aspects. "NIA has sufficient expertise to probe terror related cases, but state police is assisting them in investigation," he said.
All the terror suspects, including a journalist of an English daily, were arrested from Hubli and Bangalore between Aug 28 and Sept 3 by police, who claimed to have foiled a plot to target MPs, MLAs and Journalists in Karnataka.
On right wing outfit Ram Sene chief Pramod Muthalik`s threat to disrupt the India-Pakistan T20 match here on Dec 25, he said they would first urge him to desist from such acts and take suitable action if he does not fall in line.
"We will first urge Muthalik not to indulge in such acts. If he doesn`t fall in line, we will take apt action against his activists if they try to disrupt the match," he said.
"There is no question of threat.Once government has decided to allow the match, it will be done at any cost," he said.
Muthalik had yesterday opposed the Pakistan cricket team`s tour to India and threatened to disrupt the Dec 25 match here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced shortly
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2, Chennai Super Kings vs Royal Challengers Bangalore: Preview
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA