NIA probe into `plot` will take some time: Police
Bangalore: Police on Tuesday said the NIA probe into the alleged plot to target politicians and some journalists by 15 terror suspects of LeT and HuJI would take some time as it involves a lot of international and inter-state ramifications.
"The probe is in progress and the National Investigative Agency is looking into all the records. It takes time because it involves a lot of international and inter-state ramifications," City Police Commissioner Jyotiprakash Mirji told reporters.
Asked if the case was handed over to NIA for lack of personnel to handle it, he said it was difficult for police to spend more time on international ramifications aspects. "NIA has sufficient expertise to probe terror related cases, but state police is assisting them in investigation," he said.
All the terror suspects, including a journalist of an English daily, were arrested from Hubli and Bangalore between Aug 28 and Sept 3 by police, who claimed to have foiled a plot to target MPs, MLAs and Journalists in Karnataka.
On right wing outfit Ram Sene chief Pramod Muthalik`s threat to disrupt the India-Pakistan T20 match here on Dec 25, he said they would first urge him to desist from such acts and take suitable action if he does not fall in line.
"We will first urge Muthalik not to indulge in such acts. If he doesn`t fall in line, we will take apt action against his activists if they try to disrupt the match," he said.
"There is no question of threat.Once government has decided to allow the match, it will be done at any cost," he said.
Muthalik had yesterday opposed the Pakistan cricket team`s tour to India and threatened to disrupt the Dec 25 match here.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know