NIA questions alleged LeT cadre in Bangalore jail
Bangalore: The National Investigation Agency (NIA) on Sunday grilled Obaid-ur-Rahman, one of the 15 men arrested in Bangalore in late September 2012 for allegedly planning to kill prominent politicians and journalists in Karnataka, Andhra Pradesh and Maharashtra.
On Wednesday, the NIA had filed a chargesheet against 12 alleged Lashkar-e-Toiba cadres in the Bangalore NIA special court. Obaid-ur-Rahman was one of them.
The team flew to Bangalore on Saturday to question Obaid-ur-Rahman in connection with Hyderabad twin blasts, which killed 16 people and injured over 100 others.
In the chargesheet filed on Wednesday, the NIA alleged that the accused had hatched a conspiracy to commit terror acts in India by a LeT supported terror network based abroad and their associates in Karnataka, Andhra Pradesh and Maharashtra.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Boon for SC/ST candidates? Birth, caste certificates likely to be merged