NIA to probe into plot to target MPs, MLAs by terror suspects
Bangalore: The probe into the alleged plot to target politicians including MPs, MLAs and also some journalists by 15 terror suspects belonging to LeT and HuJI who were nabbed by city police, has been handed over to the National Investigative Agency, a top police official said.
"The investigation into the plot which was foiled by the arrest of terror suspects has been handed over to the NIA recently", City Police Commissioner Jyothiprakash Mirji told PTI.
It was handed over to the NIA and "it had national ramifications", he said.
All the terror suspects, including a journalist of an English daily, were arrested from Hubli and Bangalore between August 28 and September 3 by police, who claim to have foiled a plot to target MPs, MLAs and reporters in Karnataka.
A foreign-made 7.65 mm pistol, seven rounds of ammunition and other equipment were seized from them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees - Part II
- Monsoon havoc: Delhi lacks proper drainage system
- SC rejects plea seeking ban on WhatsApp messaging app
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet approves pay hike for govt employees
- Turkish PM says first signs in Istanbul attack point to IS
- Flying kisses galore! Ranveer Singh – Deepika Padukone are very much in love – Watch
- Asian markets extend gains on Brexit stimulus bets
- Check rajeduboard.nic.in for RBSE Rajasthan 8th Result 2016: BSER Ajmer 8th Board Result, Rajasthan 8th Class Results 2016
- CCPA to meet today to decide Monsoon Session dates