NIA to probe into plot to target MPs, MLAs by terror suspects
Bangalore: The probe into the alleged plot to target politicians including MPs, MLAs and also some journalists by 15 terror suspects belonging to LeT and HuJI who were nabbed by city police, has been handed over to the National Investigative Agency, a top police official said.
"The investigation into the plot which was foiled by the arrest of terror suspects has been handed over to the NIA recently", City Police Commissioner Jyothiprakash Mirji told PTI.
It was handed over to the NIA and "it had national ramifications", he said.
All the terror suspects, including a journalist of an English daily, were arrested from Hubli and Bangalore between August 28 and September 3 by police, who claim to have foiled a plot to target MPs, MLAs and reporters in Karnataka.
A foreign-made 7.65 mm pistol, seven rounds of ammunition and other equipment were seized from them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Disruption of Parliament not acceptable, for God's sake, do your job: President Pranab Mukherjee to MPs